Thursday, January 10, 2013
5 Things Charities Must Do to Seduce Young Donors
Fellow YPFPer Alicia Ness identifies a passel of problems plaguing the modern charity soliciting the under-30 crowd:
1. If you must send direct mail, at least use a QR code.
2. Persuade your leaders to tweet, so millennials can get a sense of who they are and connect with them directly.
3. Offer incentives for people to “like” you on Facebook.
4. Don’t ask people to donate to a general fund. Ask them to support specific projects, with specific fundraising goals.
5. Don’t just solicit money. Ask people for their input, too.
Read the whole article.