- Target people by their metropolitan area.
- Target particular people. For example, political reporters and bloggers in your state to keep your messaging at the top of their feeds every time they go to Twitter.
- Target people by who they follow. For example, the followers of the aforesaid politicos, under the assumption that they’re the politically minded folks you need to persuade or recruit.
- Target people who resemble the people who follow a particular user.
- Target people by what they tweet about.
- Target people who engage around a particular TV show. For example, the Sunday morning political talk shows.