1. This week’s cover of Time magazine:
* How the primary colors (gray, red, and yellow) blend well together.
* How the headshot is grayscaled.
* How various words from the emails are highlighted in white, yet don't distract from the image.
2. An image created for CNN’s scoop about Breitbart’s Slack channel:
* How the borders of each screenshot looks ripped from the page.
* How the screenshots are strategically placed around the headshot.
Addendum (9/28/2017): Here’s another example (a recent cover of Bloomberg Businessweek):